ua en pl ru 
ABOUT LUTSK

Trinitarian Monastery

Trinitarian Monastery
Address:Senatorky Levchanivskoii St. 4
Location:Old city

Trinitarians is a monastic order which was founded in 1199 to receive prisoners released by the Muslims. Trinitarians appeared in Lutsk in the 18th century and built their monastery near St. Mykhailo church, which for some time belonged to the Orthodox and for some time to the Greek Catholic city community. Trinitarians renewed and rebuilt a neglected church and founded the monastery there.

It was impossible to preserve the church and it was demolished for building materials during the Rus Empire. The monastery had been serving for a long time as a hospital. Today it places the military hospital. 

Photo by Oleksand Kotys

Print 

Leave a comment
Name:
Comment:
Enter the code:

    On the map

    • See on the map