ua en pl ru 
ABOUT LUTSK

Holy Trinity Cathedral

Holy Trinity Cathedral
Address:Gradny uzviz Street, 1
Phone: +38 (0332) 72-44-64
Fax: +38 (0332) 72-44-64
E-mail:volynkonsystoriia@ukr.net
Site:www.pravoslaviavolyni.org.ua/yeparkhiia
Location:Center

Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral is one of the most beautiful landmarks of Lutsk. It was built in the period from 1752 – 1755, and was originally a Catholic Church and Bernardine monastery complex.

In the ebb and flow of religious influences in Lutsk, the latter half of the 19th century saw the complex pass to the control of the Orthodox Church. With the construction of the bell tower and dome in 1880, the cathedral became the center for the Orthodox community. The cathedral is a two-story building in a horseshoe shape, with two towers in the central portion of the façade. This composition is rare for a monastery and is more like the architecture of a palace.

The interior cathedral décor, still preserved today with a two-level carved and gilt iconostasis created by Ukrainian masters, dates back to the 19th century. The cathedral is the dominant architectural feature of the Theater Square and today belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. The monastery of St. Vasyl the Great and the St. Catherine Church now occupy buildings of the complex.

Print 

2 Comments

  • Юлія05-08-2012 12:43reply

    Прошу більд-редактора уважніше ставитися до собору: хрест на фото ОБРІЗАНО. Так не має бути. Проявіть, будь-ласка, повагу до християн.

  • Lera11-05-2015 18:56reply

    Перепрожую можна щоб було по Українській А та в ок ну добре

Leave a comment
Name:
Comment:
Enter the code: